Sandra Dee :
"A Summer Place"
- Drama, USA, 1959, color, 130 minutes
- Studio: Warner Brothers
- From the novel by Sloan Wilson
- Written, Produced and Directed by Delmer Daves
- Music by Max Steiner
- Richard Egan: Ken Jorgenson
- Dorothy McGuire: Sylvia Hunter
- Sandra Dee: Molly Jorgenson
- Arthur Kennedy: Bart Hunter
- Troy Donahue: Johnny Hunter
- Constance Ford: Helen Jorgenson
- Beulah Bondi: Mrs. Hamble
- Jack Richardson: Claude Andrews
- Martin Eric: Todd Harper
A yacht sails toward the elite Maine resort of Pine Island.
Young Molly Jorgenson peers through binoculars for a close-up
view and exclaims: "There's a boy up there watching me!"
It is Johnny Hunter with his binoculars, and they both know:
it's love at first sight.
Molly's father, selfmade millionaire Ken Jorgenson was a life guard
on Pine Island twenty years ago. Now he comes back together with
Molly and his wife Helen to stay for the summer vacation.
They stay at the inn owned by Johnny's parents Bart and Sylvia Hunter.
On the first evening Johnny shows Molly the old rose garden.
They are love-struck by each other, confess their love and kiss.
"I knew it would be like this..."
To Page Two